Alex has been working lately to figure out what is appropriate to say in certain situations and what is inappropriate or for that matter a cuss word. This is one I have not heard her ask about and it came out last night with such flawless ease, I was shocked!
We are helping Griffyn with his homework when Alex asks if she has any homework. All of a sudden her expression changes to one of enlightenment and the phrase "oh, snap I forgot my backpack at Grandma's house" just pops out. Rick and I just stop. We stare at each other for a minute and try to comprehend our 4 year old daughter using the phrase "oh, snap". I asked him did she just say "oh, snap"? He confirmed while looking utterly confused. It's like a movie, we both turn to Alex who has this what did I do look on her face. I asked her to repeat what she said and she does this time without the new phrase. So I asked her if she really said "oh, snap" she confirmed she had. Promptly Rick and I bust up laughing. Good God they grow up fast!! It is the new catch phrase in our house. Everything is now "oh, snap".
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment